Our technical and design teams are responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. They are also the people responsible for the layout of our sites, ensuring we are creating places that work for every aspect of our customers’ lives.
Our Architectural Technician will provide and maintain architectural design and technical support to all regional departments and site-based teams to enable the region to achieve its objectives and targets.
What you will do:
- Provide architectural support and technical guidance for regional site and office-based operations
- Preparation of working drawings and ancillary details for site variation and bespoke units
- Register, resolve and monitor where appropriate site queries from production management to enable progressive product development
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions
- Co-ordinate and manage the issue of technical documentation
- Commission, coordinate and check various specialist suppliers designs and integrate their requirements into the working drawing packages.
What you will have:
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of AutoCAD
- Producing housing and apartment working drawings and providing technical guidance and support
- Building regulations/NHBC legislation
- Health and safety/CDM regulations
- Wide experience of planning and development within the housebuilding industry
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.