PA to Group General Counsel & Company Secretary
To deliver an efficient, customer focused and professional PA service to the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary and to also provide assistance to the Company Secretariat team based in High Wycombe, as necessary.
Preparation of all Plc Board and Board Committee related meeting agendas, papers and dates, including the co-ordination of all Plc Board related events (ie. annual AGM, Board dinners etc).
Ensuring the effective and accurate processing and organisation of the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary’s correspondence, emails, telephone calls, diary and travel management and system administration, as well as interacting and liaising with Plc Board and GMT/GOT members and their Personal Assistants, along with other key stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Preparation and co-ordination of Plc Board and Board Committee meeting agendas and papers, using the Diligent system (or such other systems used from time to time
- Co-ordination of all Board related events, including meetings, the annual AGM, dinners, Board ‘away day’ visits etc.
- Working closely with non-executive directors and arranging any company related events, including Business Unit and site visits
- Working closely with and liaising with members of the Legal and Company Secretarial teams as necessary
- Providing a full PA service to the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, including:
- Reviewing all correspondence including e-mails; sorting, prioritising and replying as necessary
- Full effective diary and travel management
- Booking accommodation, meeting rooms and venues, providing refreshments and arranging hospitality as necessary
- Arranging ad-hoc meetings, conferences and social events relating to the Legal and Secretariat functions
- Document preparation - Board level papers, reports, general correspondence, meeting agendas, PowerPoint presentations, and other team and organizational charts etc.
What you will have:
- Proven PA experience at plc Board level
- Experience of working in a fast paced, corporate environment
- Competent knowledge of Diligent (Board Portal)
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other related software applications
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent note-taking skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Professional and able to build effective working relationships
- Demonstrates complete confidentiality
- Comfortable working independently and able to travel when required.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.