UK Sales & Marketing Director
Buying a new home is a huge decision to make and our customers need to know they are in safe hands every step of the way. The Taylor Wimpey Sales Teams are the lifeblood in making sure this happens; responsible for supporting homebuyers and building new communities. We are looking for a UK Sales & Marketing Director to work closely with the Head of Marketing, Head of Digital Marketing and the regional Sales & Marketing Directors to shape, define and review as appropriate, the national sales and marketing strategy for the business.
The role will lead on key Marketing activities and this individual will challenge the business to innovate and raise the bar on all regional sales and marketing activities. You will take responsibility for the budget for head office sales and marketing activity and instil structure across all sales and marketing practices. The successful candidate will anticipate and plan for emerging trends within the sales and marketing arena, stretching the business to find a quantifiable competitive advantage supporting our customer focused strategy.
What you will do:
- Work with regional Sales & Marketing Directors to ensure a consistent sales process across all of the Taylor Wimpey Business Units
- Work together with the group heads of design, technical and procurement to review and evolve the customer offer in both the house type range and the standard sales specification
- Oversee and manage the work of the Head of Digital Marketing to drive Taylor Wimpey’s digital footprint, owner of the TW website.
- The role holder will play a key strategic part in acting as “Voice of the Customer” at a group level to influence forward-looking actions that deliver an improving Customer Experience and bring emotions of the Customer Experience to life to drive more customer-centric thinking and behaviours
- Ensure regional sales strategies are aligned to group customer strategy and Regional Sales and Marketing Directors are fully focused on the Taylor Wimpey customer centric strategy.
What you will have:
- Extensive experience in a transferable Group Sales & Marketing leadership role
- In depth knowledge and existing network within housebuilding and home buying
- Proven track record in rolling out innovative and thought-leading sales and marketing strategies and processes
- Experience working in a decentralised or regional business structure
- Natural leadership skills and superb stakeholder management
- In depth understanding of housebuilding market and current challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.