Assistant Site Manager
Our site management teams are the essence of our business and are integral in making sure construction is completed within agreed timelines, cost parameters, safely and most importantly to our customers' satisfaction. This vital role within our business will report directly into the Site Manager who is responsible for making sure that construction is completed within agreed timelines, cost parameters, safely and to our customers' satisfaction.
We seek a dynamic, motivated and confident individual, who will assist the Site Manager in overseeing all the construction operations on site. The successful candidate will demonstrate a polite, friendly and professional attitude who is solution focussed and passionate about getting things right first time despite challenges and obstacles that may occur. This role will be both challenging and rewarding with exposure to a fast paced, vibrant environment.
What you will do:
- Assisting the Site Manager in the project management of the Taylor Wimpey site build from site setup to ensuring houses are completed in time for customer move in dates
- Manage the health and safety always across site operations ensuring everyone on site is adhering to Taylor Wimpey’s standards and procedures
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with the subcontractor network on site and coordinating trades to ensure they are meeting key build milestones
- Work closely with Customer Services and Sales to ensure our customer journey plan is adhered to at all stages
- Work with the National House Building Council (NHBC) to carry out key site and plot inspections
- Mentor and develop your site manager apprentices, trainee assistant site managers and any other aspiring site management potential talent across the trades.
What you will have:
- Assistant Site management experience is desired, a trade background or knowledge of building process, including NHBC and Building Regulations, CCSCS card (Manager/Supervisor Level)
- Able to minimise risk through developing and endorsing safe operating processes • Keeps promises to customers
- Take accountability for and can justify decisions, ensuring teams deliver on those decisions
- A natural and engaging communication style, working well with and supports others in teams
- Develop and support mutually beneficial partnerships all working collaboratively in the customers interest
- Generates and communicates ideas, solutions and data to improve sites/the business
- First Aid qualified.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.