Permanent - Full-time
Our regional commercial teams are integral to the successful delivery of every Taylor Wimpey site. The function serves as the linchpin between our Technical and Production functions and makes the reality of a Taylor Wimpey development come to life. The Commercial Director position within the commercial team is a senior role that focuses on setting out, and successfully implementing, the regional business strategy for delivering efficient cost control and procurement needs in line with business unit targets. The role sits on the regional business unit board and will an active part in setting the regional strategy as well as managing all members of the local commercial team.
What you will do:
- Responsibility for implementing regional business strategy for all commercial needs and working closely with other Directors in the commercial management of the business
- Effectively communicating the regional strategy to department and monitoring progress against targets
- Monitor all contractual issues with the regional business unit
- Regularly report ongoing financial situations onsite to the regional Managing Director
- Manage and motivate the commercial team and ensure that an effective departmental structure is in place to deliver business unit strategy.
- Be a proactive member of local office board
- As part of the management team, take responsibility for health and safety risk assessment and customer care issues within the business.
What you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience at senior management experience within a commercial function
- Previous experience of working in residential development
- An ability to demonstrate a capability to manage a large number of direct reports
- An ability to demonstrate a strong strategic approach to commercials
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Wednesday 9th October 2019