Permanent - Full-time
Our projects team lead and manage the delivery of key residential developments across our business. The Project Manager will manage and coordinate all aspects of the architectural, engineering and design and planning activities for the business and all matters to enable the commencement of the works on site by appointed self-build teams or principal contractors and to coordinate and ensure delivery on time and on budget.
The role involves communicating regularly with all interested parties and the preparation of reports and presentations to the board and steering group.
What you will do:
- Management of external planning, architectural and engineering consultants to ensure that all design information is received, coordinated and distributed on time and within budget
- Coordinate the preparation of the Pre-tender Health and safety plan and relevant internal H&S processes and ensuring their timely sign off
- Arrange, co-ordinate and manage project meetings with other departments in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted and recorded
- Working with Construction and Commercial teams to appoint Main Contractors/Self Build teams and monitor cost, programme and quality against agreed KPI’s
- Liaise and negotiate where necessary with Statutory Authorities, Local Planning Authorities, Consultants etc. to ensure projects achieve the set objectives and programmes.
What you will have:
- Previous experience as either a project or discipline manager within a development organisation
- Strong knowledge of Project Management and the application of best practice, having already achieved or with the desire to achieve MRICS or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in a functionally impartial manner in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Previous experience in managing processes and timescales, capable of developing a strong team ethos and motivating others
- Ability to create and manage timeline schedules, identifying and managing the critical path
- Excellent risk awareness and strong awareness of the importance of Health and Safety aspects associated with projects.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Friday 23rd August 2019