Fleet Manager (6 month FTC)
Home based / High Wycombe
Contract - 6 months
We are looking for a Fleet manager to have accountability for ensuring all vehicles offered by Taylor Wimpey are compliant, fit for purpose and meet the demands of the business whilst providing a first class service to support the business and HR management team. Reporting to the Head of Reward and Pensions this person will be expected to be the subject matter expert regarding the supply and management of the company vehicle fleet across our benefit car and business need population (company cars and vans) and ensuring that appropriate risk mitigation processes are administered in relation to “grey fleet” business drivers.
This is a pivotal role in delivering ongoing improvements to the service and cost saving initiatives reflecting the current legal, tax and environmental requirements for car schemes.
What you will do:
- Implement the strategic direction of the Fleet to maximise business performance, driving improvement and development in these areas. You will provide advice to the Head of Reward & Pensions to develop appropriate business goals, strategies and plans to ensure business metrics are met and challenged. Make recommendations following full review of car fleet practices at Taylor Wimpey
- Review the vehicle leasing contract to ensure that the supplier is working within agreed service levels and contract guidelines. In particular the end of lease operating charges, including unfair wear and tear, excess mileage, lease extensions and terminations are fully validated before payment and correctly charged to the right cost centre. You will also ensure that where appropriate amounts are processed through payroll where costs are recharged (end of contract/fines) to employees and/or repaid directly where this is not possible
- Review the car benefit versus business need policy, current grade system and relevant benchmark car for each grade
- Take a leading role in renegotiation of contractual terms with the fleet provider Alphabet
- Review the fleet costs; maintenance, fuel, accident parts and residual value to ensure that they are in line with agreed targets. Review MI provided by the fleet supplier and analysis of fleet data available to identify key trends and risk areas across the fleet.
What you will have:
- Previous experience within procurement and supplier relationship management
- Experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders and suppliers
- Previous experience in a Fleet Manager role or equivalent
- Finance and tax legislation experience within the fleet car sector
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Saturday 17th August 2019