Permanent - Full-time
With planning in place, sub-contractors and materials on site ready to go, it’s now up to our Production team to manage the delivery of our housing developments. Production oversee all activity, from managing our direct trades and subcontractor representatives on site to organising the build programme and ensuring the development is on schedule to welcome its new residents
Production is the backbone of our build process. We build over 10,000 homes a year. Consistency in quality of build, safety standards and communication with our customers are all key components to a successful production team. We look for people who have the skills to manage projects effectively, build strong relationships with contractors and all trades on site
The Production Manager will be responsible for the management and control of many developments within the region, to achieve high standards of construction quality in a controlled cost environment, contributing to the Region’s profitability. The successful candidate will assist the Production Director to appraise the project buildability, in conjunction with the Development Department and produce a Construction Programme.
What you will do:
- Attend Pre- Planning; Pre- Tender; and Pre- Start Meetings, to ensure all necessary construction issues are addressed, prior to commencement on site.
- Issue the agreed Build Programme and Build Direction to Site Managers
- Review the Health & Safety Plan submitted by the Site Manager and ensure it is maintained
- Review Site Managers’ Weekly Progress and Status Reports and liaise with other Department Heads to resolve any delays or issues identified
- Liaise with the Technical and Design Departments to consider cost effective construction processes at both the design and construction phases.
- Liaise with Sub Contractors and Suppliers, in conjunction with the Technical & Commercial Departments, to reduce costs, whilst maintaining quality and customer satisfaction levels • Monitor all Customer Satisfaction Surveys and Summary Reports, to ensure that trends are recognised and the appropriate action taken to improve performance
What you will have:
- Extensive Production/Construction management experience is essential, with a detailed knowledge of the building and construction trade - CCSCS card (Site Management)
- NVQ Residential Construction Senior Site Management L7
- Through knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation you will be able to minimise risk through developing and endorsing safe operating processes
- Ability to plan and make decisions, take accountability for and can justify decisions, ensuring teams deliver on those decisions
- A natural and engaging management and communication style, demonstrating a passion and excellence for developing trusting, sustainable and robust relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to manage and track costs (working to site budgets)
- First Aid qualified.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Monday 22nd July 2019