Strategic Land Regional Director
Central and Eastern (Regional)
Permanent - Full-time
The focus of our Strategic Land Division is to identify and contractually secure land which has the potential to fulfil future housing needs through residential and mixed-use development, and then promote it through the planning system to achieve new land allocations and planning permissions. The Strategic Land Regional Director will be responsible for managing the Strategic Land team to deliver their full potential and optimise value for Taylor Wimpey’s assets. They will establish and communicate a considered land strategy hand in hand with our regional Business Units and Taylor Wimpey’s overall objectives.
What you will do:
- Responsible for managing the regional strategic land business including financial management, securing new business, delivering agreed business objectives and forging and maintaining key stakeholder relationships regionally
- Drive new business development and agree, set and deliver specific business objectives
- Ensure effective financial and project management in order to optimise the value of Taylor Wimpey’s assets whilst budgeting and forecasting all regions business impacts
- Responsible for securing new business by networking in the regional marketplace and maintaining a detailed knowledge of land supply
- Agree, maintain and drive joint land strategies with the Divisional Managing Director and the regional Business Units, producing and agreeing business plans and development strategies for major projects.
What you will have:
- Previous experience leading planning and land acquisition teams within another housebuilder
- Experience managing both internal and external clients in a commercial environment and an ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Up to date advanced land contracts and planning knowledge
- A proven track record in managing against set delivery objectives.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Friday 30th August 2019