Production Project Manager
Permanent - Full-time
Our Production teams are integral to managing the successful delivery of every development. The function serves as the backbone of our build process and makes the reality of a Taylor Wimpey development come to life. Our Production Project Manager leads on the delivery of residential mixed-use developments through all aspects of the construction stages and is accountable for the projects programme delivery in line with project targets and customer expectations.
They are responsible for the day to day planning, supervision, direction and monitoring of site activities, ensuring that projects are delivered in a safe, efficient, cost effective and sustainable manner.
What you will do:
- Provide guidance and documentation necessary to formulate pre-development programmes and establish strategies for the projects execution with clearly defined build methods, sequences and timings to facilitate comprehensive and robust project plans and budgets
- Co-ordinate and manager pre-commencement Health and Safety obligations across the development ensuring all pre-start Health and Safety plans are fully developed prior to start on site in accordance with TW policy and are maintained throughout the project
- Work collaboratively with other business functions such as Technical, Commercial, Sales and Customer Service and take a lead during the build stages of development
- Ensure that all site decisions are made considering the impact on cost and programme and are suitably discussed and agreed as necessary with the Technical and Commercial functions and Project Lead before contractors are instructed
- Implement a system for the control and monitoring of waste to ensure regional targets for waste reduction are met on the development
- Ensure that quality standards are set and maintained throughout the project and that quality reports are promptly reviewed and necessary actions taken to address areas of concern.
What you will have:
- Proven track record at senior level in the construction industry, with experience gained in working with developers, contractor and related partners
- A strong understanding of residential construction particularly high-rise development (18m+), with a proven track record of delivering high profile, complex construction projects to time, cost and quality standards
- Proven track record of managing a range of stakeholder relationships including local authorities, landowners, developers and contractors
- An in-depth knowledge of the construction process and construction methods, knowledge of current UK construction laws, legislation and regulations, standards and procedures.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Friday 19th July 2019