Senior HR Business Partner
The North (Divisional)
Permanent - Full-time
We are looking for a commercially aware Senior HR Business Partner to support the planning and implementation of key people initiatives which directly impact Taylor Wimpey’s wider strategic objectives and becoming an ‘Employer of Choice’ both within and outside of the construction sector. You will demonstrate personal and professional credibility to partner a number of the business units across the division, providing an end to end Human Resource service in line with the HR strategy.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will be responsible for the day to day operational delivery of the HR activities including effective case management delivery and proactive day to day guidance on employee related matters for senior directors in your regional Business Units. Key stakeholders include the Managing Directors and Divisional Managing Directors of every Taylor Wimpey business unit accross the division.
This support will be crucial in driving the initiatives generated by all the HR Centres of Excellence and the business in facilitating the delivery of our operational people plans. Our aim as an HR team is to have the right people, with the right skills, capabilities and performance priorities in order to drive high levels of performance and engagement.
This role is field based and will require regular regional travel.
What you will do:
- Support the your regional businesses with day to day HR operational activities through efficient management of employee relation cases, general management support and guidance, consistent and accurate paperwork and documentation, robust management information and effective relationship management.
- Equip line managers with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. performance management, absence management, career management.
- Embed a performance management culture which is valued by the business and drives high performance through ensuring clear measurable objectives, effective feedback processes and active development and career plans.
- Work closely with the individual heads of HR departments on the delivery of initiatives across Resourcing, Reward, Talent and Operations.
- Contribute to the development of the wider HR strategy and work closely with the team to ensure cohesive and coordinated services across the Business.
What you will have:
- Wider exposure to more generalist HR issues and previous experience working with HR Centres of Excellence
- You will have a natural and engaging communication style, demonstrating a passion and excellence for people contact and developing relationships both internally and externally
- Knowledge and experience of organisational development, succession planning and talent management
- Strong understanding of case management and general employee relations
- Ability to manage stakeholders up to a senior/director level
- Up to date knowledge of current and future employment legislation and sound knowledge and understanding of employee relations issues/policies/procedures including equality and diversity issues.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In order to be successful for this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Monday 24th June 2019