Design and Technical
Permanent - Full-time
Our Group Technical function is responsible for driving the design and technical agenda for the group. Providing guidance to the business around site design and layout, Taylor Wimpey’s suite of house types and best practice on placemaking across all our developments. The Urban Designer will work with the regional business units to improve the quality of Taylor Wimpey’s urban design. This in turn will deliver; improved performance in delivering value from land, implementable planning consents and sustainable communities for our customers through improved development design.
What you will do:
- Carry out internal regional design and post occupancy reviews to improve the quality of our developments
- Advise on individual project design delivery for high risk or high profile projects
- Report on practice and quality of TW development design
- Liaise with external designers to ensure alignment with Taylor Wimpey practice and policy
- Help to deliver the internal Design Academy and run regional design workshops to improve knowledge and share best practice
- Working with Housing portfolio director, technical director and group land and planning manager with regard to issues that cross between respective responsibilities.
What you will have:
- Degree in Urban Design or other appropriate qualification or membership of appropriate professional body.
- An understanding of place making and its planning and development context
- Experience working in a volume housebuilder
- Ability to communicate graphically with free hand drawing as well as use of appropriate design software.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Thursday 4th July 2019