Permanent - Full-time
Our technical and engineering teams are responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. They are also the people responsible for the layout of our sites.
Sitting in the technical team, as a quality manager, you will be responsible for the regular inspection of build quality across your region, preparing reports and making recommendations for improvements ensuring we are creating places that work for every aspect of our customers’ lives.
What you will do:
- Have an understanding of build programmes for each development and identify key stages for inspection
- Prepare and agree an inspection programme to ensure adequate coverage of all developments within the Southern Division
- Liaise with the site management teams to ensure a productive and thorough quality inspection takes place on each visit including providing immediate feedback
- Provide a comprehensive report on the findings of each quality inspection in a consistent format including photographs
- Assess the likely causes of identified poor quality within the report having spoken to relevant site personnel
- Make recommendations for improvements in design, specification, procurement or construction to overcome identified poor quality or enhance quality.
- Review NHBC issued Construction Quality Reviews (CQR) to identify areas of focus for future quality inspections.
What you will have:
- Good knowledge of the Building Regulations and NHBC standards
- Relevant experience in an inspection role in the house building industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Friday 2nd August 2019