Senior Project Manager
Permanent - Full-time
Senior Project Manager:
The Senior Projects Manager position within the projects team is a challenging and diverse role. Collaboration is key to the success of this role. You will work very closely with our Projects Director and be expected to proactively interact with other members of the management team to ensure effective communication and enhance project performance. It is a unique blend of skills required but a very rewarding role.
What you will do:
- Implement regional business strategy for design and risk management
- Review projects from a design and technical perspective including programme deliverables and ensure all issues and constraints are addressed.
- Ensure the project management team is aware of the health and safety implications of all design decisions and coordinate and manage pre-commencement health and safety obligations across the development
- Ensure risk is fully understood, managed and actioned to the appropriate time frames to deliver project objectives.
What you will have:
- Strong business management acumen and commercial astuteness
- A passion for people development and the ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Strong communication skills – both internal and externally
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and change
- Attention to detail and accurate reporting
- Strong knowledge and experience of relevant IT systems and experience with MS Office
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning business and are proud to feature in the top companies to work for on Glassdoor, voted for by our employees. If you are looking to join a thriving, company going through an exciting period then please get in touch. To read more about what it’s like to work with us then have a look at our Glassdoor profile by clicking here.
Friday 21st June 2019