Contract - Maternity Cover
Our legal teams provide an efficient, service led and cost-effective plot conveyancing function that supports the business across the UK. This is particularly in relation to its key operation of plot sales, including the provision of accurate reports and forecasts.
As a Conveyancing Assistant, you will be responsible for administration support to the Estate Conveyancer, Assistant Divisional Legal Manager and Divisional Legal Manager.
What you will do:
- Maintain high standards of presentation and accurate content of all documents and correspondence issued by the Department
- Assisting the Estate Conveyancers to achieve the departments set performance targets for the dispatch of contracts, exchanges and completions.
- Coordinating with the Business unit and maintaining a diary scheduler which includes a comprehensive plot progression together with weekly reports on each new home and part exchange transaction.
- Coordinating with the Business Units for the transfer of information required by the department.
- Attending to all non-routine matters and queries which arise either before during or following the sale of individual plots or the development
What you will have:
- Extensive I.T. skills including the use of Word and Excel together with on-line facilities such as the Land Registry Portal, Stamp Duty Land Tax and search providers
- A methodical and accurate approach to all tasks with close attention to detail • Confident telephone manner
- Enthusiasm, flexible, willingness to learn together with a “can-do” attitude with the potential to take more responsibility as the role evolves
- The ability to work in a demanding and pressurised environment
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to maintain standards
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Thursday 13th June 2019