Senior Design and Technical Manager
Permanent - Full-time
Senior Design and Technical Manager:
Our technical and design teams are responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. They are also the people responsible for the layout of our sites, ensuring we are creating places that work for every aspect of our customers’ lives. The Senior Design and Technical Manager is responsible for delivering technical and design matters within the respective programme and within budget, ensuring the highest quality of design standards and technical support for the business.
What you will do:
- Manage the technical design process to ensure that all design and technical issues are dealt with within the development programme and budget
- Throughout the development process, identify and implement ways to maximise value and manage cost through design and specification
- Support the project team with all technical design matters including building control, utilities, bonds, NHBC and building regulations compliance
- Provide effective briefs and scopes for design consultants as well as managing their appointment documents an assist in effectively budgeting for fees
- Create and manage and effective process to review, update and regulate design standards across all projects
- Arrange, coordinate and manage all technically led project meetings with other departments
What you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role within residential housebuilding
- A strong knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety requirements within the industry
- Experience managing both internal and external clients and an ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- A solution focused mindset and encourage innovation
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning business and are proud to feature in the top companies to work for on Glassdoor, voted for by our employees. If you are looking to join a thriving, company going through an exciting period then please get in touch. To read more about what it’s like to work with us then have a look at our Glassdoor profile by clicking here.
Friday 31st May 2019