Customer Relations Manager
Permanent - Full-time
Do you want to come to work to make a difference, put all your talents to good use, really help people and to make our company better? This is your chance to join a fantastic team leading the way in making our customer journey run effortlessly. We are looking for a confident, energetic and self-motivated person to make things really happen for our customers, putting them at the heart of everything we do.
In this crucial, frontline role you will act as the customers’ key point of contact in the Taylor Wimpey Customer Journey from the point they are introduced to their home onwards, managing the customer relationship face to face across multiple sites, delivering a great service and better ways to make our customers feel truly special. New home buying is a complex process; we need our Customer Relations Managers to help our customers make our houses their homes. Issues and ‘snags’ can occur in a new home and we strive, through this role, to ensure quick and effective resolutions, to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
What you will do:
- Liaise with the Head of Customer Service and Customer Support Manager to gain knowledge/understanding of relevant sites and customers
- Using a Home quality checklist ensure that all new homes are at the quality standard that our customers expect
- Be the main point of contact for the customer following the exchange process
- Attend the property to walk our customers through a home introduction
- Work with sales, site management and other key business unit stakeholders to ensure the customers’ interests are looked after always
- Maintain oversight of any remediation activity to ensure satisfactory issue resolution/defect remediation
- In conjunction with the Customer Support team, liaise with customers after their move in, to ensure they are no unresolved issues
What you will have:
- You will have proven face to face customer services experience and work well under pressure in a fastpaced environment
- A person who is open to change and continually strives to improve performance and be the best that they can be
- Ability to work independently, remain calm in a crisis, prioritise work, take initiative and make informed decisions
- A polite, friendly and professional person who is solution focussed and passionate about getting things right first time despite challenges and obstacles
- A natural and engaging communication style, demonstrating a passion and excellence for customer contact, developing trusting relationships both internally and externally
- Desirable but not essential you will have experience/knowledge of the house-building and related industries
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Friday 31st May 2019