Senior Finance Manager
Permanent - Full-time
Each of Taylor Wimpey’s regional businesses has a finance team that drives the commercial performance of their respective business and are responsible for providing valuable reports to our Group Finance team based in Head Office. Led by their Finance Director, each of these teams are vital to the financial structure of the organisation. Through quarterly forecasts and monthly accounts, they provide key data to the board and enable some of the most important strategic decisions for the business. The Senior Finance Manager is a senior role in the team, a proven individual with strong financial experience and responsibility for meeting strict deadline for records and reports.
What you will do:
- Manage and develop the Finance Team members
- Manage the submission of consolidated monthly actuals and forecast data to Group
- Preparation of monthly Board Reporting for the BU
- Drive development of the JV Accounting and Reporting function, supporting team members through JV accounting finance actives, modelling and monthly JV board pack preparation.
- Preparation of consolidated 2 Year Profit and Cashflow forecasts and projections
- Preparation of the 5-year biannual detailed business plan/forecast
- Review balance sheet reconciliations ensuring that any accounting anomalies are cleared on a timely basis.
- Account and forecast for the complex areas of notional interest on land acquisitions, land overage payables and closed sites.
- Review WIP and land recoverability reports and liaise with the commercial and land departments to resolve any over/ under-recovery issues.
- Monthly review of WIP commitment and spend commitment carried out in conjunction with the Commercial Manager
- Analysis of direct selling expenses reporting output to the Sales Director.
- Update Group Treasury with cash forecasts and advise of any significant unexpected cash movements.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and the annual tax packs.
- Liaise with external audit and manage the process of delivering information required.
- Review and manage VAT and CIS returns for accuracy before submission to Group Tax.
- Review and obtain sign-off for monthly payment runs and ensure they are in line with group limits.
What you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar level role within a finance team
- Experience of managing and developing a team of staff - preferred
- Qualified Accountant status – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and Excel in particular
- Previous experience in the construction industry - preferred
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more.
Friday 26th April 2019