Customer Support Operative - Directly Employed Multi-Skilled Trades Operative
Permanent - Full-time
The Multi-Skilled Tradesperson / Customer Service Operative is responsible for the day to day remediation of issues in customers’ homes. This role involves carrying out maintenance tasks in our customers’ homes involving a wide selection of skills including carpentry, dry lining, painting and decorating.
Working closely with the Customer Support Manager, the successful candidate will ensure the correct resources are available to undertake work in customers’ homes, on the appointed date and to resolve all issues once
What you will do:
- Undertake planned and reactive remedial work with respect to all the trades; carpentry, painting, dry lining etc. and any other duties as directed by the Customer Support Manager
- Undertake any inspections of issues as required by the Customer Support Manager
- Regular customer liaison with customers in their homes.
- Ability to remain calm and collected when faced with difficult customers, and situations, so a high level of personal integrity and respect for others is essential.
- Plan and carry out work in a safe, cost effective manner.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is followed and site regulations are adhered to.
What you will have:
- Ability to work independently, prioritise work and take initiative
- Able to demonstrate efficiency and reliability in previous roles.
- Great Interpersonal, communication and relationship skills.
- Face to face customer services experience
- Works well under pressure/in a fast-moving environment
- Housebuilding or related industry experience
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Wednesday 24th April 2019