Design and Technical
Permanent - Full-time
Our technical and engineering teams are responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. They are also the people responsible for the layout of our sites ensuring we are creating places that work for every aspect of our customers’ lives. The Technical Director leads our engineering and design teams, taking responsibility for the co-ordination of architectural and engineering design within the Regional office. To be successful for this role you will have extensive experience in the planning and technical regulatory requirements required for residential sites in the UK. You will be the expert when it comes to site layout and be passionate about place making.
What you will do:
- Lead the team on all technical design and approvals for each site that sits within your regional business
- Work closely with the other functional areas such as Production and Land to ensure the smooth delivery of sites in line with agreed project plans
- Own the budget for the Technical function reporting on costs, headcount and external consultant fees
- Provide value engineered solutions to problems encountered and encourage innovation and constant development within his team.
- Effectively use resources, programme and prioritise work to ensure that delays do not occur through the life of each project from feasibility to site completion.
- Lead and develop team to ensure there is a clear succession plan for the Technical function. Where appropriate put in place a recruitment plan and future talent plan to plug any succession gaps
What you will have:
- Extensive experience in a management role with a Technical function in the housebuilding sector
- An engineering related qualification at degree level or equivalent
- Ability to critique development layouts from an urban design and engineering perspective An expert in the latest engineering regulatory requirements in housebuilding
- Membership of relevant professional body and familiar with the latest trends and regulatory changes in the UK residential development sector
- A strong network of engineering and design related consultants, local authorities and utility providers in the local area
- A natural leader with excellent communication skills and a passion for developing a team
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Friday 26th April 2019