Design and Technical
Permanent - Full-time
The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. From roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional dwelling, our engineers are a vital part of ensuring each home meets and exceeds our customers’ expectations. The role of the Senior Engineer is to lead the delivery on technical execution from procurement of services, surveys and technical reports to supporting the land teams on assessments for new site acquisitions. You will need a strong passion and background in engineering and have extensive experience in the planning and technical regulatory requirements for a UK housebuilder. You will be the expert when it comes to site technical approvals in your respective Taylor Wimpey business.
What you will do:
- Lead in the preparation of site viability reports in line with current regulatory requirements for residential developments
- Drive the resolution of engineering issues as part of the planning application for all Taylor Wimpey sites
- Ensure compliance at all stages of each planning submission in line with the latest National Housebuilding Council standards
- Manage external consultants on all site infrastructure requirements including roads, sewers and utilities
- Be on site and lead on relevant technical meetings relating to the procurement and approval of site infrastructure
What you will have:
- Extensive experience in an Engineering role in the housebuilding sector
- An engineering related qualification at degree level or equivalent
- Comfortable using a suite of engineering software tools like AutoCAD, Windes and PDS
- An expert in the latest engineering regulatory requirements in housebuilding
- Excellent attention to detail particularly when reviewing highly technical documentation
- A strong network of engineering related consultants, local authorities and utility providers in the local are
- A track record in delivering site technical approval and resolving complex issues
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Friday 26th April 2019