Permanent - Full-time
Our entire business begins with the purchase of high quality land, bought at the appropriate time from a variety of sources. Ideas and suggestions are worked through as our planning team prepare a planning application for submission to the Local Authority. After planning approval, the ‘site’ is handed over to our technical and commercial teams for the next stage of the process. Working as a Planning Manager you will play a key part in this journey managing schemes from initial identification of land to its acquisition and beyond.
What you will do:
- Identification of land for residential development in accordance with the company’s operational requirements
- Lead on the submission and negotiation of planning applications including Section 106 agreements and viability models
- Present detailed technical information for submissions to local authorities
- Play a role in land purchase valuation exercises
- Understand and input the principles and strategic objectives of your regional office
What you will have:
- Degree qualification in a relevant subject or where transferable skills can be demonstrated
- MRTPI or MRICS qualification
- Experience with another Developer/ Housebuilder, Planning Consultancy or Local Government.
- A full driving licence.
- Desire to build experience of land acquisition and management
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Sunday 28th April 2019