Senior Land Manager
Permanent - Full-time
At Taylor Wimpey we focus on buying land where there is a need for homes, where people want to live and where we believe we have a realistic chance of securing planning permission. Land is the critical ‘raw material’ for a housebuilder, so we focus on purchasing the right sites in the right locations. As a Senior Land Manager, you will play a key role in this journey holding responsibility for undertaking land purchase exercises, monitoring land market activities and advising on planning policies.
What you will do:
- Collate build costs, market research and local planning policy information to successfully negotiate terms for land acquisition
- Consider health and safety issues for any potential new sites and prepare and obtain the necessary approvals to ensure land purchase exercise information is provided accurately and on time
- Build and maintain relationships with local contacts to ensure up-to-date knowledge on current and future market opportunities as well as continually monitoring competitor activity
- Prepare appropriate briefs for architects
- Work with the technical team to design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions
What you will have:
- Previous successful experience in land acquisition process in housebuilding industry
- Knowledge of planning policy and process
- Commitment to a progressive career
- Teamworking and collaborative with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Have a working knowledge of the planning system
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Wednesday 1st May 2019