This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Technical function in our business is really important for the design, layout and delivery of all Taylor Wimpey sites. The Technical Coordinator is supports elements of site delivery from conception right through to the operational build. From assisting in the planning process to preparing drawings for our developments, this is a broad role. You will need to be creative as well practical, have a very keen eye for detail and be passionate about place making.
What you will do:
Assisting in the preparation and submission of planning applications
- Participate in managing the preparation of information required for clearance of all planning conditions.
- Ensure thorough co-ordination between all consultants to prevent any adopting, conflicting or maintenance issues during construction of the development.
- Assist in ensuring submitted application is in line with Operational Framework Requirements and TW internal guidance on “Good Practice” for submission of planning applications.
- Attend internal and external team meetings as required to assist in the preparation of information for planning submission.
- Participate in managing fees budget in accordance with regional conventions and protocols and effectively manage and administer same through entire life of project.
Secure Building Regulations/Statutory approvals
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations Approvals for developments
- Clear all Building Regulation conditions to ensure CML’s can be delivered in line with Regional Budget.
- Maintain a good understanding of environmental/ecological constraints to development and ensure that appropriate mitigation is undertaken to allow development to proceed in line with Regional Programme.
Prepare Working Drawings and Collate all supporting information
- Arrange for the preparation of all working drawing requirements –residential and none residential uses - and supporting information for issue to Commercial Department for tendering purposes in line with agreed Programme, utilising external consultants where appropriate.
- Undertake detailed assessment and approval of all supporting suppliers and manufacturer’s information, including renewable energy requirements.
- Obtain all assessments and ensure compliance with HQI, Lifetime Homes, Building for Life, DQS etc.
- Ensure structural assessment of all house type drawings is undertaken by an approved consultant.
- Review and comment on technical content of all sales literature to ensure compliance with working drawings and issue information to sales to meet requirements of Consumer Code.
- Accuracy of issue and working to tight deadlines and programmes is essential.
- Prepare and submit the enquiries for the appointment of design consultants and coordinate the instruction of the consultants ensuring they are in accordance with the design brief, are an approved consultant and are in budget with the consultant fees etc.
- Chairing and coordinating the design team meetings for designated projects.
Provide technical support for Production sites
- As a priority, deal with the resolution of site queries in close conjunction with the Project Manager and liaise with Site Manager/Sales Executive to ensure continuity of build progress/sales progress.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in all necessary key meetings as required by the Operational Framework
- Attend all site based and Head Office Development Meetings as necessary.
- Attend and participate in running design team meetings and follow up actions specified.
- Continual input into Value Improvement process.
- Input into health, safety and environmental check lists including house type risk assessments.
- Provide any necessary Input into CDM.
- Any other duties as defined and required by the Technical Director and Technical Manager.
- Attend progress meetings with Housing Associations and other none residential land uses and ensure appropriate information is provided to allow planning and contractual requirements to be met.
- Produce any home user guide information required by housing association
- Produce O&M information as required.
- Coordination of utility designs and diversions for proposed developments, including the initial enquires through to approved utility designs and provide support to the production team for the coordination of utilities.
- Assisting with the production and monitoring of design programmes for detailed design through the technical stage.
- Assisting with the production and cost management of technical fee schedules and cash flows.
What you will have:
- Full technical understanding and knowledge of regulatory constraints
- A thorough understanding and previous exposure to a residential planning process
- Strong project management skills
- An eye for detail with a passion for driving planning submission best practice
- An interest in place making and the design of residential communities
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
As a proud Disability Confident Employer, Taylor Wimpey is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We actively collaborate with individuals who have disabilities and long-term health conditions which have an effect on their ability to do normal daily activities, ensuring that barriers are eliminated when it comes to employment opportunities. In line with our commitment, we guarantee an interview to applicants who declare to us during the application process that they have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the role. Join us in building a truly diverse and empowered team.
Taylor Wimpey (our/us/we) does not accept unsolicited candidate details, CVs, resumes, applications or any other speculative approaches (Resumes) from employment agencies, executive search firms, recruitment agencies and other staffing agencies unless that agency is specifically appointed by us via an executed service contract for a particular job opening. Please do not forward unsolicited Resumes in response to this advert to any of our employees or any of our regional business offices, including our head office, sales centres and sites. We are not liable for any fees related to unsolicited Resumes. Please refer to our employment agency statement here - Employment Agency Statement ‧ Taylor Wimpey