This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Senior Customer Support Manager (Senior CSM) is responsible for the supporting the Sales and Customer Service Director in the delivery of a market leading customer aftercare experience. Acting as a champion for the ‘Voice of the Customer’ within the BU, the role will focus on best practice and forward-looking actions which deliver an improving customer experience and drive more customer-focused thinking and behaviours.
At a day to day level, the Senior CSM is responsible for the management of customer aftercare and administration relating to all customer issues and escalated complaints, including managing the Customer Relations Managers and Customer Support Coordinators (CSCs) and taking oversight of all ongoing customers’ issues, as well as the allocation of resources including Customer Service Operatives and contractors to undertake work in customers’ homes. The role is responsible for the collation and management of information and data upwards for analysis and the escalation of customer issues, where appropriate.
What you will do:
Leading the Customer Service Team
- Act as a motivational role model in the delivery of great Customer Experience and create a clear vision for the team linked to the Customer Roadmap.
- Line manage the Customer Relations Manager, Customer Support Coordinator and Customer Service Operative teams, ensuring they are appropriately resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, feedback and performance conversations, and the organisation of the department’s workload.
- Manage and monitor the work of contractors and address any contractor performance issues.
- Ensure full compliance of the Customer Service team to the Operating Framework.
- Monitor and manage (as required) the out-of-hours crisis plan.
Voice of the Customer
- Regular review of quantitative and qualitative achievement of SLA’s and identification of process and customer improvement opportunities.
- Regular review of customer resolution data to ensure timely and quality handling to drive improved customer satisfaction and reduce escalated complaints due to poor service.
- Regular engagement with customers to directly understand the full range of customer aftercare experiences and share ‘lessons learned’ from customer feedback within the Business Unit.
- Point of escalation for all escalated complaints.
- Collaborate with other functions in the Business Unit to develop more customer-centric focus and behaviors (recruitment, training, induction and recognition).
- Maintain effective working relationships with Production and Subcontractors to ensure customer-centric focus and behaviours throughout the build process.
- Carry out customer data and trend analysis to provide root cause rationale for customer dissatisfaction and drive people and process improvement to prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Actively contribute to working parties outside of function to drive improvements to the overall customer, and employee, experience at Taylor Wimpey.
- Work collaboratively to identify and share best practice and new ways of working that drives an improved customer experience across the Business Unit and the broader Taylor Wimpey Group.
- Oversee and manage the Customer Service budget, highlighting opportunities to manage cost more effectively.
- Ensure cost controls are in place to manage external (contractor) charges as required.
- Ensure cost-effective and timely ordering of materials for the CSO team, processing of PO’s and invoices.
- Undertake P&L reporting for the Business Unit Customer Service function including proposals for improvements that will provide Taylor Wimpey with a better whole life cost position.
Customer and Issue Handling and Remediation
- Follow the complaints and escalated complaints procedure.
- Monitor and manage remediation of outstanding issues.
- Handle challenging or complex customer issues personally.
- Address unsuccessful/poor remediation of customer issues. Escalate as required.
- Ensure that out-of hours services and reporting work effectively.
- Carry out analysis of defects, take appropriate action to address any recurring issues.
Data Capture and Reporting
- Ensure system data is being pulled, recorded and updated accurately for all customer issues and KPIs.
- Deliver relevant and required data to the Sales and Customer Service Director at regular intervals/as required.
- Promote a digital approach to the Customer Service team’s way of working for customer, efficiency and cost benefits.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that Health and Safety for the Customer Service team is followed and site regulations are adhered to at all times.
What you will have:
- Face to face customer services experience [in the housebuilding industry].
- Extensive experience of leading, managing and motivating teams in a customer-facing environment.
- Work independently and take initiative; effectively planning, organising and prioritising work to meet targets.
- Solutions focused, able to forecast customer issues and minimise/remove them, a strong problem-solver.
- Resilient and flexible; a strong problem-solver; able to achieve under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building/maintenance skills; able to manage expectations and provide challenge appropriately.
- High-level awareness and understanding of the housebuilding process is preferred not required.
- Working at a senior level in a customer-focused environment, influencing customer strategy and working effectively with other disciplines to champion customer service is preferred not required.
- Experienced in management information analysis and supporting improvements to systems and processes based on relevant data is preferred not required.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
As a proud Disability Confident Employer, Taylor Wimpey is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We actively collaborate with individuals who have disabilities and long-term health conditions which have an effect on their ability to do normal daily activities, ensuring that barriers are eliminated when it comes to employment opportunities. In line with our commitment, we guarantee an interview to applicants who declare to us during the application process that they have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the role. Join us in building a truly diverse and empowered team.
Taylor Wimpey (our/us/we) does not accept unsolicited candidate details, CVs, resumes, applications or any other speculative approaches (Resumes) from employment agencies, executive search firms, recruitment agencies and other staffing agencies unless that agency is specifically appointed by us via an executed service contract for a particular job opening. Please do not forward unsolicited Resumes in response to this advert to any of our employees or any of our regional business offices, including our head office, sales centres and sites. We are not liable for any fees related to unsolicited Resumes. Please refer to our employment agency statement here - Employment Agency Statement ‧ Taylor Wimpey
Customer Support Coordinator
The Customer Support Co-ordinator (CSC) is responsible for the day to day management of the...
Customer Support Manager
The aim of the Customer Service Contact Centre is to be the leading industry provider for the...
Customer Support Operative - Multi-Skilled Trades Operative
The Customer Support Operative (CSO) is responsible for the day to day remediation of issues...