This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
Our site management teams are the essence of our business and are integral in making sure construction is completed within agreed timelines, cost parameters, safely and most importantly to our customers' satisfaction. This key role within our business is accountable for all aspects of the operational house build process.
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate strong project management skills with the ability to manage, support and guide their site teams, creating a strong team spirit and growing their people to be the very best they can be.
What you will do:
- Produce a detailed method statement for the development, i.e. compound position, material storage areas, spoil heaps, highway constraints.
- Assist the Production Director in the production of the site programme to meet budgeted objectives.
- Produce detailed roads and sewers, show area and enabling works programme.
- Evaluate the accuracy of relevant information for development, technical and sales departments and external agencies if applicable.
- Determine plant, equipment and personnel requirements in conjunction with the technical departments.
- Assess material delivery times in relation to build programme requirements and pass to technical department.
- Develop specific build programme for show area complex to meet accelerated build programme.
Monitoring and reporting
- Completion of weekly management reports detailing progress against planned objectives and action taken to recover lost time.
- Produce, in conjunction with the Production Director, and monitor progress against site build programme.
Health and Safety
- Assist the development department in the production of the pre start health and safety plan and update and develop as the site proceeds.
- Undertake a site safety induction of all new site personnel.
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health & Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the Taylor Wimpey Health and Safety procedure manual.
- Ensure all operatives have the necessary certification/licence to carry out the duties they are required to perform.
- Completion of all statutory safety forms on a weekly basis.
- Carry out frequent inspection of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all operatives are working to the method statements and risk assessments submitted by the relevant sub-contractor or Taylor Wimpey Management.
- Ensure site boundaries, access points, offices and buildings are secure at the end of each day.
- Check and monitor all sub-contractors site specific Method Statements, Risk Assessment and COSHH reports.
- Hold regular contractors meetings as per the procedures manual.
- Monitor and update master plan on a weekly basis.
- Produce, in conjunction with the Assistant Site Manager, trade specific weekly programmes.
- Liaise with the materials controller on a daily basis to ensure material deliveries are in accordance with the build programme.
- Establish the quality of work required and assist the Assistant Site Manager in the management of the work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers to meet those standards.
- Issue defect sheets to relevant trades.
- Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works.
- Ensure regular inspection of each property by Assistant Site Manager and snagging sheets completed and issued to relevant trades.
- Carry out random property inspections to ensure quality standards are being maintained.
- Manage the application of Company franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
Control of Waste
- Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company procedures in skips provided.
- Hold weekly meetings with the Sales Executive and complete the standard pro forma detailing events and activities.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Sales Executive regarding customer options and variations.
- Liaise with the Sales Executive, buying department and sub-contractor regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Co-ordinate with the Sales Executive the resolution of customer issues.
- Ensure that Show Home internal/external maintenance work is carried out on a weekly basis.
- Plan and arrange visits by the National House Builders Council Inspectors to carry out stage inspections.
- Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
- Accompany Inspectors during the course of their visits.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager with the introduction of the customer to their new home at the familiarisation visit ensuring that any deficits are identified and resolved.
- Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager in regular visits to customer post legal completion to ensure the customers satisfaction with their new home.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
What you will have:
- Extensive site management experience is essential, with a detailed knowledge of the building and construction trade - CCSCS card (Site Management)
- Thorough knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation you will be able to minimise risk through developing and endorsing safe operating processes
- A natural and engaging communication style, demonstrating a passion and excellence for developing trusting, sustainable and robust relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to manage and track costs (working to site budgets.
- First Aid qualified is required.
- Holds NVQ Residential Construction Site Management L6 is preferred but not essential.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
As a proud Disability Confident Employer, Taylor Wimpey is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We actively collaborate with individuals who have disabilities and long-term health conditions which have an effect on their ability to do normal daily activities, ensuring that barriers are eliminated when it comes to employment opportunities. In line with our commitment, we guarantee an interview to applicants who declare to us during the application process that they have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the role. Join us in building a truly diverse and empowered team.
Taylor Wimpey (our/us/we) does not accept unsolicited candidate details, CVs, resumes, applications or any other speculative approaches (Resumes) from employment agencies, executive search firms, recruitment agencies and other staffing agencies unless that agency is specifically appointed by us via an executed service contract for a particular job opening. Please do not forward unsolicited Resumes in response to this advert to any of our employees or any of our regional business offices, including our head office, sales centres and sites. We are not liable for any fees related to unsolicited Resumes. Please refer to our employment agency statement here - Employment Agency Statement ‧ Taylor Wimpey