This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
Our site management teams are the essence of our business and are integral in making sure construction is completed within agreed timelines, cost parameters, safely and most importantly to our customers' satisfaction. You will need to efficiently manage the field operations including controlling sub-contractors day-to-day operations and ensuring that material supplies are available in conjunction with the Site Manager.
The Assistant Site Manager will assist the Site Manager in the planning and programming of site activities ensuring the work is completed in a safe manner, and deputise for the Site Manager where necessary and managing quality standards to meet customer expectations.
What you will do:
Organisation and Control of labour and sub-contractors
- Completion of weekly planning sheets to ensure the overall build programme is met.
- Provide direction to individual contractors and contractor’s management to ensure quality standards are met.
- Resolve any conflicts that may occur between operations.
- Co-ordinate with the Site Manager to ensure the availability of materials to meet the construction programme.
- Maintain daily diary to record site events and requirements.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a site safety induction for all new site personnel.
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health and Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the Taylor Wimpey Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Completion of all statutory forms on a weekly basis.
- Carry out frequent inspection of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all operatives are working to the method statements and risk assessments submitted by the relevant sub-contractors or Taylor Wimpey management.
- Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Sales Executive regarding customer options and variations.
- Liaise with the Sales Executive, Buying Department and sub-contractors regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Co-ordinating with the Sales Executive the resolution of customer issues.
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspection to carry out stage inspections.
- Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
- Accompany inspectors during the course of their visits.
- Assist the site manager in completion of the Home Quality Inspection (HQI), prior to Customer Relations Manager HQI sign off inspection.
- Assist the Customer Relations Manager (where required) with the introduction of the customer to their new home at their Home Demonstration, ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved.
- Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation, inclusive of all items identified at Home Quality Inspection.
- Assist the Site Manager and Customer Relations Manager if required, in regular visits to customers post legal completion to ensure the customers satisfaction with their new home.
- Assist the Site Manager and Customer Relations Manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
- Assist the Site Manager where applicable during the Customer Journey
- Assist the Site Manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers.
- Undertake regular inspection of each property during each stage of the build process and complete “snagging lists”.
- Issue defect sheets to relevant trades.
- Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works.
- Assist the Site Manager applying Company operating framework franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
Control of Work
- Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company
What you will have:
- Assistant Site management experience is desired, a trade background or knowledge of building process, including NHBC and Building Regulations, CCSCS card (Manager/Supervisor Level)
- A natural and engaging communication style, working well with and supports others in teams
- First Aid qualified.
- NVQ Residential Construction Site Supervision L4
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
As a proud Disability Confident Employer, Taylor Wimpey is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We actively collaborate with individuals who have disabilities and long-term health conditions which have an effect on their ability to do normal daily activities, ensuring that barriers are eliminated when it comes to employment opportunities. In line with our commitment, we guarantee an interview to applicants who declare to us during the application process that they have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the role. Join us in building a truly diverse and empowered team.
Taylor Wimpey (our/us/we) does not accept unsolicited candidate details, CVs, resumes, applications or any other speculative approaches (Resumes) from employment agencies, executive search firms, recruitment agencies and other staffing agencies unless that agency is specifically appointed by us via an executed service contract for a particular job opening. Please do not forward unsolicited Resumes in response to this advert to any of our employees or any of our regional business offices, including our head office, sales centres and sites. We are not liable for any fees related to unsolicited Resumes. Please refer to our employment agency statement here - Employment Agency Statement ‧ Taylor Wimpey