This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. From roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional dwelling, our engineers are a vital part of ensuring each home meets and exceeds our customers’ expectations.
The role of the Engineer is to provide technical support at all stages of the development process, from initial viability advice to full design packages, gaining technical consents and providing advice to all other departments and selected contractors during construction. You will need a thorough knowledge of engineering as a discipline and be very familiar with the associated regulatory requirements for a residential build. You will need to be a shrewd negotiator as you navigate various technical approval processes.
What you will do:
Preparation of viabilities
- Have the ability to interpret geo-technical reports and make recommendations
- Be capable of preparing initial site designs and constraints plans at an early stage
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process for procuring new utility proposals
- Fully understand the CDM regulations and demonstrate a working knowledge
Resolve engineering issues as part of planning application
- Continue to develop site designs and provide full engineering support throughout the planning process
- Manage consultants in road, sewer, levels, cut and fill designs, to satisfy planning whilst maintaining the most competitive and practical solution
- Co-ordinate and manage external consultants to resolve any engineering issues • Co-ordinate and manage statutory bodies such as Highway Authorities, Water Companies, Environment Agency, etc… to resolve any engineering issues
- Work with the project team to add value and secure the best planning consent and engineering solution for the company
Ensure compliance with building regulations and NHBC standards
- Ensure engineering design is compliant with necessary standards
- Manage consultants in the preparation of foundations and other engineering matters as necessary
- Monitor and resolve any CML issues during the construction phase to ensure timely completion of plots
Ensure all information is available for concept meeting / pre tender / pre start / site start
- Ensure all engineering drawings and details are available and checked, in advance of start on site including foundations, substructure, highways, sewerage, utilities and any remediation proposals.
- Procure technical approval for highways / sewerage/ land drainage /utilities
- Procure and manage utilities i.e. existing and proposed – at all key stages.
- Input into LAMP/ Site Specific Environmental Action Plans / CDM / Health and Safety / Environmental issues
- Prepare and supply tender documentation for specialist designs such as piled foundations / grouting /ground improvement
- Securing all technical approvals necessary for a competent site start
- Attend pre tender / pre start / site start / regular site project meetings / client meetings / specification reviews and any other relevant meeting as required under the company’s operating framework
- Undertake regular site visits
- Any other duties as required
What you will have:
- Extensive experience of engineering issues relating to all areas of infrastructure gained within housebuilding sector including roads, sewers, foundations, utilities and drainage
- Engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent
- Comfortable using engineering related software like AutoCAD, PDS and Microdrainage
- Thorough understanding of engineering regulatory requirements
- A strong negotiator with proven experience in gaining consent on complex technical approvals
- Excellent attention to detail particularly when reviewing highly technical documentation
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
As a proud Disability Confident Employer, Taylor Wimpey is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We actively collaborate with individuals who have disabilities and long-term health conditions which have an effect on their ability to do normal daily activities, ensuring that barriers are eliminated when it comes to employment opportunities. In line with our commitment, we guarantee an interview to applicants who declare to us during the application process that they have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the role. Join us in building a truly diverse and empowered team.
Taylor Wimpey (our/us/we) does not accept unsolicited candidate details, CVs, resumes, applications or any other speculative approaches (Resumes) from employment agencies, executive search firms, recruitment agencies and other staffing agencies unless that agency is specifically appointed by us via an executed service contract for a particular job opening. Please do not forward unsolicited Resumes in response to this advert to any of our employees or any of our regional business offices, including our head office, sales centres and sites. We are not liable for any fees related to unsolicited Resumes. Please refer to our employment agency statement here - Employment Agency Statement ‧ Taylor Wimpey