The role of the Operations Support Manager is to take responsibility for assisting the BU’s for build projects under their control and to liaise with the BU’s teams to ensure all build projects are completed efficiently and to programme. The Operation Support Manager will foster and maintain good relations with all BU’s teams. The Operations Support Manager is the point of contact with the BU.
What you will do:
- Attend pre-order meetings with Sales and Client as required
- Attend BU’s Team Meetings including Technical (Design), Commercial and Production Planning Departments to assist in the Build Programme
- Assist BU’s Production Team with the Build Programme
- Communicate with BU’s to determine on site start date and route of build, phasing etc and resolve any grey areas in respect of specification/scope of works
- Hold fortnightly BU’s Team Meetings to monitor progress of the Build Programme to identify any issues that may put critical dates at risk
- Adjust Construction Programme in conjunction with the Project Planner as required
Assist the BU in the Selection of Erection Subcontractors from Approved List
- Assist the BU’s that the erect quotation includes for agreed scope of works, Health & Safety requirements, the Build Programme and agreed method of construction
- Review the drawings with the BU’s Production team and erector, (in particular roof drawings) to agree the most appropriate method of construction
- Assist the BU that appropriate Health & Safety documentation is in place
Issue of Contractual Correspondence
- Operation Support Managers are responsible for communicating any Construction Programme changes to the Planning Manager
- Assist BU’s quality inspection of the Timber Frame erection process
- Hand over sheet to client as the formal completion of our works
- Communicate weekly Site Progress Report, which includes build status, labour levels, site/delivery delays and weather conditions (if affecting the Programme) to the Planning Manager
- Inform the Planning Manager of any budget/financial issues
- Inform the Planning Manager of any site delays
Co-ordinate all operations
- Assist construction and inspection of the Timber Frame
- Advise BU’s on supply only deliveries
- Advise scheduling department on material shortages immediately indicating reason
- Advise Scheduling Supervisor of any on-site design/construction issues including details and possible solution
- Resolve erector/BU’s disputes
What you will have:
- Carpentry trade background, Communication Skills, Site Management Experience, Construction Health and Safety Qualifications, General Management Skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team. Able to handle and resolve conflicting objectives within the team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, giving clear, concise, timely communication to support all business needs.
- To meet and exceed expectations – with commitment and integrity. To maintain self-motivation, flexibility, and co-operation.
- Provide innovative ideas, inputs to continually improve the processes/business.
- Provide excellent customer service to all levels by responding to the business requirement
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning business and are proud to feature in the top companies to work for on Glassdoor, voted for by our employees. If you are looking to join a thriving, company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
As a proud Disability Confident Employer, Taylor Wimpey is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We actively collaborate with individuals who have disabilities and long-term health conditions which have an effect on their ability to do normal daily activities, ensuring that barriers are eliminated when it comes to employment opportunities. In line with our commitment, we guarantee an interview to applicants who declare to us during the application process that they have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the role. Join us in building a truly diverse and empowered team.
Taylor Wimpey (our/us/we) does not accept unsolicited candidate details, CVs, resumes, applications or any other speculative approaches (Resumes) from employment agencies, executive search firms, recruitment agencies and other staffing agencies unless that agency is specifically appointed by us via an executed service contract for a particular job opening. Please do not forward unsolicited Resumes in response to this advert to any of our employees or any of our regional business offices, including our head office, sales centres and sites. We are not liable for any fees related to unsolicited Resumes. Please refer to our employment agency statement here - Employment Agency Statement ‧ Taylor Wimpey