We are looking for a Senior Assistant Company Secretary to join our well established team which provides Company Secretarial services across the Group. Reporting to the Deputy Company Secretary, this is a varied role within a highly regarded function.
What will you do:
- Manage the relationship with the Registrars
- Draft governance papers for Board / Committee meetings
- Develop and implement the internally facilitated Board Evaluation proposal and draft the action plan
- Ensure all corporate policies are reviewed and updated on a regular basis and new policies are drafted as required
- Review key governance documentation on a regular basis (MAR Manual, Defence Manual, Terms of Reference, Matters Reserved for the Board and Division of Responsibilities document etc)
- Manage the EIS Deferred shares, Performance Share Plan and Declaration of Trust
- Manage external service providers for Share Plan administration (Equiniti) and TW Share Trust Trustee (Apex)
- Draft the Remuenration Report and Notice of Meeting for inclusion in the Annual Report and Accounts
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place for the Annual General Meeting (including AGM packs for the Directors)
- Draft the annual Modern Slavery Statement
- Assist with departmental budget matters, group insurance arrangements and risk reviews
- Deliver adhoc corporate projects when required
- Deliver in the capacity of Director or Company Secretary of a variety of active, semi-dormant and dormant Group entities and act as Secretary of TWL joint venture companies
- Assume responsibilities of Company Secretary (Deputy) in their absences (cover/continuity/disaster planning)
What will you have:
- Qualification under the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Organised approach to ensure statutory and regulatory obligations are met in a timely fashion across a large number of Group entities
- Effective management, communication and service development skills, to manage external service providers
- Good communication skills and ability to work with other TW Departments and external service providers
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
- Relevant qualifications
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.