The Group Technical function supports our regional business units in all aspects of technical and drives quality and consistency across our technical teams. Responsible for regulatory compliance, national housetype ranges, engineering, R&D, Project Management and leading our journey to net zero, the Group Technical team plays a leading role in the business operations team. The team is made up of experts in the various aspects of Technical delivery and the Group Technical Coordinator role will support all members of the team. You will need to be creative as well as practical, have a very keen eye for detail and be passionate about all aspects of Technical. This role will provide a great opportunity to develop a broad range of technical skills and develop your career.
What you will do:
- Provide support to Group Technical Director in preparation of presentations, documents and reports.
- Assist each member of the Group Technical team with support in their specific business area.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with the development of compliant specifications to meet the changing building regulations
- Support the review, analysis and roll out of R&D projects, including new products, renewables, MMC, waste, production improvements
- Assist with the coordination of Engineering projects such as Groundworks
- Support Project Management with collation and presentation of performance statistics
- Attend regular group technical meetings, may involve setting the agenda and minute taking
- Data gathering & analysis
- Issuing and closing out Technical Bulletins with regional BUs
What you will have:
- An understanding of building regulations
- Awareness of housetype drawings, details and specification
- An interest in Research & Development, particularly zero carbon initiatives around building fabric and green technologies.
- Project management skills
- MS Office proficiency
- An eye for detail
- Good communication & collaboration skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work remotely to tight deadlines
- Capable of producing presentation slides & written communications
- An efficient, customer focussed professional approach.
- Commercial awareness
- Organisational skills
- Adaptability to complete a wide range of different tasks
- Make informed decisions
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers’ licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following;
- Criminal records (DBS)
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
The engineering discipline is a vital part in the delivery of every Taylor Wimpey site. They...
Design & Planning Executive
Our technical and engineering teams are responsible for establishing all the infrastructure...
Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager:
Our technical and design teams are responsible for...