Our regional commercial teams are integral to the successful delivery of every Taylor Wimpey site. The function serves as the linchpin between our Technical and Production functions and makes the reality of a Taylor Wimpey development come to life. The Commercial Administrator position within the commercial team is a crucial role that focuses on delivering efficient, customer focused, professional administration support to the Commercial department.
What you will do:
- Open, date stamp and distribute daily post and put in relevant trays for each Buyer.
- Maintain sub-contractor/supplier/plant database ensuring all information such as addresses, contact numbers, contact names are accurate for use by the department.
- Assist in tendering subcontractor and materials including uploading documents to Dochosting for tender/Site use.
- Maintain sub-contractor CDM 036 and Health and Safety files to ensure all current sub-contractors have the required level of liability insurance to work on site and ensure site have the up-to-date information to hand.
- Maintain potential sub-contractor files and process new sub-contractors for inclusion on Tender lists/Health and Safety Matrix and obtain the appropriate approvals.
- Issue Health and Safety Newsflashes to sub-contractors when required and chase responses within necessary timescale.
- Chase outstanding sub-contractor tenders as and when required.
- Maintain Plant On Site Database and liaise with site regarding Off and On hire.
- Create Framework Agreements and issue to sub-contractors for signing, log to ensure outstanding agreements are chased on a timely basis and submit to company solicitors once returned for certification. Update Framework Agreement Matrix.
- Assist in the creation of handover packs for HA units and scan to job file.
- Take calls/messages for Commercial Team.
- Process orders for materials and sub-contractors via IBIS for Technical, Sales, Customer Services and BU Overheads.
- Process sub-contract payments/deal with payment queries for Sales and Customer Services.
- Assist Commercial aspects of Options Online with processing the Sub-Contractors Options Orders on COINS.
- Liaising with Groundworkers and Reconomy to obtain up-to-date information with regards to Site Waste Management Matrices and SWMP’s for new sites.
- Send out NHBC CQR Inspections in letter form to sub-contractors on relevant sites.
- Send out Self-Billing Agreements on a yearly basis and collage and send to Accounts to update the system.
- Print off drawings to OCE scanner when requested.
- Specific tasks as requested by Commercial Director
- Maintain department daily calendar ensuring it is kept up-to-date with all holidays and meetings.
- Department archiving/shredding.
- Maintain stationery levels for Department.
- Assist team to ensure we remain fully compliant with the Operating Framework.
- Book/invites to meetings, provide refreshments for meetings and place lunch orders as requested.
- Provide cover for the Receptionist during lunch/break times/holidays on a rota basis, demonstrating an understanding and competence in the operation of the Company’s telephone switchboard system.
What you will have:
- Previous experience in a high paced office environment
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft suites of computer software
- Previous experience of working within a volume housebuilder/construction environment
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.