The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. From roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional dwelling, our engineers are a vital part of ensuring each home meets and exceeds our customers’ expectations.
What you will do:
- Technical contact for Site Managers where production issues require engineering experience for solutions and detailing any design changes to the site-specific Engineer.
- Waste Management License and exemption controller.
- Modelling of surveyed information to allow up to date cut and fill summaries to be prepared for each site currently with earthworks operations.
- They should effectively use resources, programme and prioritise work in order to ensure that delays do not occur on site due to earthworks operations through the life of the project.
- Review tender earthworks information provided by the contractors through the tender process to analyse difference in pricing by different contractors and provide a like for like costing comparison.
- The Senior Site Engineer to record and report all soil movements and associated costs through profit and loss meetings on a quarterly basis.
What you will have:
- Engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of engineering issues gained within housebuilding industry eg: roads and sewers, foundations, land drainage, utilities, etc
- IT/Computer literate.
- A high level of proficiency in Auto/Cad / PDS / Windes / Mircodrainage.
- Ability to undertake civil engineering design in-house and to manage and assess external designs.
- Ability to interpret geotechnical and environmental reports and make suitable recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of assessment of ground conditions for foundation and sub-structure design.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
• Criminal records (DBS);
• Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning business and are proud to feature in the top companies to work for on Glassdoor, voted for by our employees. If you are looking to join a thriving, company going through an exciting period then please get in touch. To read more about what it’s like to work with us then have a look at our Glassdoor profile by clicking here.