Trainee Site Manager
Salary & Benefits
- You will attend a number of “Skills Camps” with other Management Trainees in your Region which focuses on developing core business and communication skills where you will also meet many of our Senior leaders
- You will attend college or Uni to study a level 3 in Construction in the Built Environment for up to 2 years which will enable you to learn the core components of the Construction Industry
- On completion of the level 3 qualification, you will have the opportunity to go on to study a level 4 Construction Supervisor qualification. All fully funded by Taylor Wimpey
You will be assessed over the course of your Management Trainee scheme. Once you are assessed as competent you will be ready to move to an assistant role as and when a role becomes available.
Overnight stays are required occasionally for group training sessions. All expenses will be covered.
Organisation and Control of labour and sub-contractors
- Completion of planning sheets to ensure the overall build programme is met.
- Provide direction to individual contractors and contractor’s management to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met on site at all times
- Liaise with the Sales Executive, Buying Department and sub-contractors regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Co-ordinating with the Sales Executive the resolution of customer issues.
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspection to carry out stage inspections.
- Complete and update the Build Quality Checklist throughout the build.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager, Site Manager and Customer Relations Manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
- Ensure that the house is ready for the Home Quality Inspection and any issues addressed within the set timescales
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager applying Company operating framework franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
- Manage and co-ordinate the safe and tidy storage of material delivered to the site.
Control of Work
- Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company
- 5 GCSE’s grades A*-C/9-4 OR Industry experience
- Computer Literacy
- Full driving licence or working towards a licence and access to a car preferred
- Comfortable working outside and at heights
- CSCS Card Holder preferred but not essential
- Awareness of Health & Safety
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Please advise your Line Manager if you are applying for this role.
Friday 28th September 2018