With planning in place, sub-contractors and materials on site ready to go, it’s now up to our Production team to manage the delivery of our housing developments. Production oversee all activity, from managing our direct trades and subcontractor representatives on site to organising the build programme and ensuring the development is on schedule to welcome its new residents
Production is the backbone of our build process. We build over 14,000 homes a year. Consistency in quality of build, safety standards and communication with our customers are all key components to a successful production team. We look for people who have the skills to manage projects effectively, build strong relationships with contractors and all trades on site
In the crucial role your main responsibility will achieving a high level of quality and consistency across all construction stages that will delight our customers when they move into their new home by improving quality assurance and build quality within production. You will liaise with other departments outside of Production, ensuring sites are complying with TW designs, details and standards, implementing support and development for site teams and trades to ensure a high standard of construction is maintained throughout the build process.
What you will do:
- Conducting inspections across all sites on a regular, rotating basis ensuring each visit is planned and programmed in with the Site Management and/or trades.
- Collate and upload relevant findings, reports and photographs in relation to build quality, ensuring accuracy of weekly reports forwarded to the Production team, contractors and other departments as required
- Liaising with Site Managers and Commercial over areas of concern or material issues which may result in quality risks
- Coordinate training and development of staff on quality procedures and trade standards
- Produce a monthly report to Regional Board and UK Head of Production summarising any points regarding quality
What you will have:
- Extensive Production/Construction management experience is essential, with a detailed knowledge of the building and construction trade, building standards and warranty provider requirements
- Thorough knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Ability to plan and make decisions, take accountability for and can justify decisions, ensuring teams deliver on those decisions
- A natural and engaging management and communication style, demonstrating a passion and excellence for developing trusting, sustainable and robust relationships both internally and externally
- Previous inspection role within the house building industry
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.