Our IT team are looking for an Applications Project Manager to manage the implementation of new applications, systems and/or upgrades and releases of existing applications whilst ensuring good performance against project baselines in terms of requirements, quality, cost, benefit, time, and risk, against a backdrop of effective project governance.
What you will do:
- Responsible for managing IT application projects, in collaboration with stakeholders including process owners, business leads and busines functions from both Head Office and Business Units across the whole development lifecycle and across all types of system platforms (inhouse bespoke, third party developed, off-the-shelf, cloud)
- To be responsible for project planning and managing tasks ensuring that projects under the Project Manager’s control are completed on time and delivered in line with quality expectations as expected by project sponsors and keeping delivery to the agreed scope
- Be able to manage project budgets ensuring robust financial controls are in place to deliver to budget by demonstrating financial integrity in the preparation of cost to completes
- Taking a proactive approach to manage and mitigate against project risks and issues
- Ensure that stakeholders are properly managed and communicated to (including weekly status reporting and periodic project boards) and that the impact of the project is reviewed against existing systems portfolio and by business users
- Willingness to execute individual tasks within projects where necessary including collection of requirements, creation of functional and non-functional specifications, system selection including tendering process, procurement, creation of business cases, input into design and integration, management of third-party vendor tasks, testing, management of testing, data migration and implementation activities.
- Ensure security assurance is managed into new systems and implementation of proper segregation of duties over privileged access at implementation and post project close out for the ongoing support of applications.
- Ensure that all project deliverables comply with industry practice, company policies and robust IT controls and practices (risk and issue management), testing (by vendors and users), change management, resilience, recovery, and all associated documentation.
- Ensuring the smooth transition of projects into the support team
What you will have:
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects
- High aptitude for understanding and learning including business requirements and processes as well as technology and software packages
- Demonstrable experience within IT department
- Project management experience on projects that has encompassed the following; business case development, vendor selection and and commercial negotiation, managing delivery from multiple third-party companies on a project, leadership of teams and being able to delegate, senior stakeholder management, planning and organizing skills, effective decision making, change management, robust communication skills both verbally and written, ability to work under pressure with good situational judgement and effective decision making
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers’ licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following;
- Criminal records (DBS)
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.