To provide advice, guidance and support to Line Management in respect of any employment related matters. Continue to monitor the effectiveness of employment related policies, procedures and template documents, amending to reflect any legislative changes or continuous improvement. Drive Line Management capability by delivering relevant workshops/training interventions.
We are looking for an Employee Relations Advisor (ER Advisor) to join our centre of excellence within HR. We are looking for someone who is organised, has great communication skills, and the drive to support our vision to become an employer of choice.
First and foremost, you will provide advice to managers on employment law, working arrangements, contractual matters, sickness, employee communication and consultation, either via phone, face to face or virtually.
You will draft template letters in relation to any informal/formal meetings relating to ER cases, attending meetings/hearings as deemed necessary.
You will continue to monitor the effectiveness of employment related policies, procedures and template documents, amending to reflect any legislative changes or continuous improvement. You will also drive line management capability by delivering relevant workshops/training interventions.
You will initially be home based however, a small amount of travel to dofferent locations may be required.
What will you do:
- Work in conjunction with the HRBP’s to effectively hand over relevant cases ensuring a smooth and consistent service is provided
- Support Line Management Teams in the effective application of the grievance and disciplinary procedures, ensuring an effective, fair and consistent approach across the business
- Drive improved capability in ER matters by delivery of upskilling workshops and support the development of other learning interventions. Assess the level of competence to ensure upskilling working.
- Support Line Management Teams in closing out issues ensuring both legislation and company procedures are adhered too.
- Drive improvement in HR support services, delivering a great service in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with colleagues to ensure best practice and a consistent approach across the Group, working within Group frameworks as appropriate
What will you have:
- You will have proven experience working in an administrative role ideally within a HR function
- Experienced in high volume case management and Subject Access Requests
- You will have a natural and engaging communication style, demonstrating a passion and excellence for people contact and developing relationships both internally and externally
- Have great planning and organisational skills
- You will be a problem solver, finding solutions and not taking second best
- Strong desire and drive to grow knowledge in case management and general HR
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.