Strategic Land Graduate Scheme
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Plus Benefits
Taylor Wimpey is offering a carefully selected group of graduates the opportunity to complete their APC within a FTSE 100 business. We have multiple opportunities based across various UK locations.
The scheme will provide a detailed training programme into of the most important aspects of our company - strategic land. The scheme will also offer graduates a strong commercial grounding and an introduction to house building, as well the opportunity to complete their RICS or RTPI chartership under the guidance of our industry experts.
- Our programme is a 2 year scheme, where graduates will gain an in-depth knowledge into strategic land which will include the planning processes behind acquiring land, strategic searching for and procuring new land opportunities, as well as developing a wider understanding of house building and much more.
- Senior leaders within the business will monitor your progress and act as mentors; you will be supported and fully funded in achieving your RICS or RTPI accreditation.
- Each graduate will have the opportunity to spend time in a selection of the Strategic Land regional hubs based in our Business Units across the UK.
- Successful candidates will all attend a 5 day residential induction programme where they will be given the opportunity to learn about the business in more detail, find out more about the 2 year programme and what it will bring as well as get the chance to meet other graduates in their cohort.
- At the end of each rotation, graduates will be given a full review of their performance which will contribute to an overall portfolio of their development.
- Successful graduates will attend a number of Taylor Wimpey ‘Skills Camps’ and development interventions over two years that are designed to improve, amongst other things; commercial awareness, management ability and personal skills. These sessions will also provide an opportunity to hear from Senior Directors and their experiences of working for Taylor Wimpey.
- Graduates will also work on different projects during their 2 years, alongside their fellow graduates. These will include a charity project and an internal business project.
- At the end of the 2 year programme, all successful candidates will be offered a role within the organisation.
- 1st or 2:1 degree – Required
- Graduating with a RICS or RTPI accredited course with one of two specialist skills (planning or surveying) – Required
- Full driving license and access to a car – Required
- Willingness to travel around the UK and are happy to stay away from home for extended periods of time – Required
- Commercial experience or placement year in a land or planning related role - Preferred
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Friday 31st August 2018