Production is the backbone of our build process. We build over 10,000 homes a year. Consistency in quality of build, safety standards and communication with our customers are all key components to a successful production team. We look for people who have the skills to manage projects effectively, build strong relationships with contractors and all trades on site
We are looking for a highly organised, confident and self-motivated Secretary to deliver an efficient and professional secretarial support to the regional Production department. Demonstrating a real pride and passion for what you do, with the ability to build rapport and long-term relationships, your role will be responsible for, but not limited to ensuring the effective and accurate processing of the Directors’ correspondence, emails, telephone calls and systems, in line with their business needs whilst having the ability to multi-task and to prioritise workload.
What you will do:
- Provide Administration support to Production Director/Production Managers/Site Administrator/Site Management
- Responsibility for maintaining filing system and archiving for the department and the director
- New Sites – assist site manager to develop the required site documentation pack; issue controlled copy of the HSE Manual; issue site induction pack; contact relevant parties and register new development for site inspections to be carried
- HSE: Maintain copies of all category notification reports and distribute as required; collate site action reports in preparation for close-out of categories
- Arranging internal and external meetings
- Recording departmental holiday and sickness records for Production
- Sorting and distributing the department’s post
What you will have:
- Excellent secretarial and IT skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and related software applications.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, ability to multi task and prioritise workloads.
- Excellent audio/copy typing skills
- Good communication and telephone skills • Ability to work independently, prioritise work and take initiative
- Ability to think ahead and forecast issues
- Works well under pressure/in a fast-moving environment
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.