The focus of our Land teams is to identify and contractually secure land which has the potential to fulfil housing needs through residential and mixed-use development. As a Planning Manager you will be responsible for leading on the preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications including S106 agreements and viability models. To be successful within the role of a Planning Manager you must liaise with key stakeholders within the business to manage schemes from identification through the planning process and beyond.
The purpose of the role is to supporting the Community and Green Infrastructure Project Manager on engaging with the community, third party landowners and stakeholders during the planning process. The post holder will also lead on the preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications including S106 agreements and viability models as well as managing the relevant discharge of planning conditions and Section 106 processes, including compliance with planning obligations.
What will you do:
- Scope, tender and appoint the appropriate consultant team required to prepare a successful application and appeals
- Produce and manage the consultant appointments and track professional fees against the project fee budget
- Delivery of projects on time by demonstrating project management skills and coordination
- Contribute to technical reports and commenting on relevant plans and documents
- Securing planning approval for well-designed schemes by demonstrating a strong narrative in line with the latest NPPF
- Engage with all parts of the business to ensure planning applications are optimised and meet the needs of our customers and all areas of the business
- Manage community engagement on planning applications
- Support the land team in the identification and acquisition of suitable opportunities to meet business strategy
- Develop a good knowledge of the geographical area and build a network of strong relationships with key contacts
- Have an in-depth knowledge and clear understanding of the continually evolving planning system, changes in legislation, policies and government guidelines
- Understand the importance of viability in the negotiation and delivery of development
- Present, report and update the board of directors of the planning strategy and programme
What will you have:
- Degree qualification in relevant subject or where transferrable skills can be demonstrated
- At least 3 years’ experience with a Planning and Development background and be MRTPI affiliated
- Experience with another Developer/ Housebuilder, Planning Consultancy or Local Government
- A full driving licence
- Desire to build experience of land acquisition and management
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning business and are proud to feature in the top companies to work for on Glassdoor, voted for by our employees. If you are looking to join a thriving, company going through an exciting period then please get in touch