Our entire business begins with the purchase of high-quality land, bought at the appropriate time from a variety of sources. Ideas and suggestions are worked through as our planning team prepare a planning application for submission to the Local Authority. After planning approval, the ‘site’ is handed over to our technical and commercial teams for the next stage of the process.
The Strategic Land & Planning Manager will be responsible for managing and increasing the Strategic Land portfolio in the operating areas covered by the Regional Business Units comprised in the division.
What you will do:
- The identification of new strategic land opportunities and negotiation of legal agreements on appropriate terms
- Liaison with landowners over progress on site promotion
- Responsibility for the renewal/extension of options
- Input into the production of developer collaboration agreements
- The monitoring of competitor activity
- Community engagement on site promotions and planning applications
- Management of planning and acquisition activity to deliver key targets in priority areas of search
- Taking ownership of project viability and delivery
- Production of monthly progress reports on key projects
- Produce and manage budgets and professional fees
- Produce scheme viabilities
- Management of fee spend in line with budget forecasts
What you will need:
- Be commercially aware of TW’s contractual obligations on each project in order to ensure that these can be met before committing expenditure to a given project
- Ensure that infrastructure and S106 obligations are capable of being supported by the scheme commercially and contractually
- Be able to forecast likely fee spend accurately
- Be conversant with land values, build and infrastructure costs in producing scheme viabilities
- Work with the regional team to ensure the most desired and economical decisions are made and implemented into the design
- Full understanding of corporate vision and strategic policies as well as regional priorities and focus
- Good understanding of government planning policy, the Local Plan process and housing land supply issues
- Full understanding of option/collaboration agreements and related land issues
- Must undertake continual professional development and embrace Health and Safety procedures
- Compliance with internal procedures and Operating Framework
- The candidate will require a background in land acquisition, and have a good understanding of the planning process
- Professional accreditation (RICS / RTPI)
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Senior Strategic Land & Planning Manager
Our entire business begins with the purchase of high quality land, bought at the appropriate...
Strategic Land & Planning Manager
Our entire business begins with the purchase of high-quality land, bought at the appropriate...
Assistant Strategic Land and Planning Manager
Responsible for assisting with the managing and increasing the Strategic Land portfolio in the...