Each of Taylor Wimpey’s regional businesses has a finance team that drives the commercial performance of their respective business and are responsible for providing valuable reports to our Group Finance team based in Head Office. Led by their Finance Director, each of these teams are vital to the financial structure of the organisation. Through quarterly forecasts and monthly accounts, they provide key data to the board and enable some of the most important strategic decisions for the business. The Management Accountant role is a truly customer centric role that requires someone that is comfortable working to deadlines and producing highly accurate reporting.
The role will involve working closely with the Finance Director & Finance Managers to help implement our strategy of being a truly customer-centric business delivering a quality product and help define what that means for the regional Finance Team.
In line with the rest of the business, we are looking to develop an innovative and learning culture. The role will work closely with and help in the development of the rest of the Finance Team, with more formal people managerial responsibilities to be reviewed in line with the successful candidate’s level of experience and development plan.
What you will do:
- Process journals into the ledger and reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts
- Weekly Sales Reporting & assist with plot forecasting
- Monthly Actuals reporting via OneStream
- Assist in the preparation of month end reports required by Head Office
- Provide cover for cashbook and prepare weekly cash actuals
- Support Finance Manager and Finance Director by assisting in preparation of financial information in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure that TW Group Requirements and financial statutory requirements are met and completed on a timely basis
- Review Social Housing completions including the management of retentions accounting & cash collection
- Raise invoices, manage cash collection & maintain the Sales Leger
- Report on site pre-acquisition costs to help the Technical team monitor, control expenditure & set budgets
What you will have:
- AAT qualified or qualified/part qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Strong knowledge of MS Office especially Excel
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of COINS an advantage
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.