Our site management teams are the essence of our business and are integral in making sure construction is completed within agreed timelines, cost parameters, safely and most importantly to our customers' satisfaction. This key role within our business is accountable for all aspects of the operational house build process. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate strong project management skills with the ability to manage, support and guide their site teams, creating a strong team spirit and growing their people to be the very best they can be.
This fantastic opportunity is perfect for someone who is confident, dynamic, and customer-focused, who shows great leadership and decision-making skills to guide and inspire their Site Teams and make their developments first class.
What you will do:
- Produce a detailed method statement for development and assist the Production Director in the production of the site programme to meet budgeted objectives
- Completion of weekly management reports and monitor progress against the site build programme with the Production Director
- Health and safety
- Monitor and update master plan on weekly basis, producing trade specific weekly programmes and liaise with the materials controller on a daily basis to ensure material deliveries in accordance with the build programme
- Establish quality of work required and ensure all contractors are meeting standards, ensuring regular inspection of each property by Assistant Site Manager and snagging sheets issued to relevant trades
- Manage the application of Company franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
- Ensure that requisite waste and disposal skips are available and that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company procedures in skips provided
- Weekly meetings with Sales Executives
- Plan and arrange visits by National House Builders Council Inspectors and Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections and accompany inspectors during the course of their visits
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager with introduction of customer to their new home, ensure that legal completion of the house is defect free and assist in regular visits to customer post legal completion to ensure customer satisfaction.
What you will have:
- Detailed building and construction experience
- NVQ Residential Construction Site Management L6
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Cost controls (working to site budgets)
- Trade background
- CSCS card – Site Management
- First Aid qualified.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.