The PMIP Project Manager is a cross functional position within a regional Business Unit. It has responsibility for proactively managing the cross-functional process from offer acceptance through to effective hand-over for a portfolio of projects in the Business Unit. The Project Manager will help to ensure that projects are handed over within agreed forecast timeframes, to a defined quality as demanded by our customers and to financial measures acceptable to Taylor Wimpey. A very demanding but fulfilling role that requires excellent communication skills and an ability to manage multiple processes at once.
What you will do:
- Lead, motivate and coordinate cross-functional project teams
- Ensure cross-functional project team members understand their role and responsibilities and what is expected of them
- Promote/encourage a ‘no surprises’ attitude to/from all those involved in project delivery
- Empowered to drive projects forward at all stages
- Promote and support awareness of, and adherence to, Taylor Wimpey Health, Safety and Environmental standards and policies for all project work
- Complete Project planning for entire project and for individual stages
- Monitor performance versus the above plans and update/refine through the project to ensure on track and to proactively address variances identified which may impact project timescales, financials, health, safety & the environment or quality
- During all stages of all sites within own portfolio in the pre-development phase, be fully cognisant of project status, key risks and critical path at any point in time
- Escalate promptly to Project Sponsor or Functional director according to the situation when you cannot resolve an issue or manage a risk impacting the success of the project
- Lead regular project team status reviews to monitor performance and support effective project communication, team focus and alignment
- Co-ordinate and manage project meetings in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted, recorded and followed-up
- Manage the pre-distribution of information and taking of minutes from all meetings together with updated documentation such as programmes and status reports
What you will have:
- Strong knowledge of, and genuine interest in, Project Management and the application of Best Practice, having already achieved or with the desire to achieve APM PMQ or equivalent
- High-level awareness and understanding of a typical end-to-end housebuilding process from identifying land opportunity through to delivery of units
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in a functionally impartial manner in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Previous experience in managing processes and timescales, capable of developing a strong team ethos and motivating others
- Willing to challenge the status quo and Business Unit Management Team, show persistence in getting to the root cause of a problem and delivering solutions
- Highly motivated in organising self and teams, with strong prioritization skills
- Forward-thinking and capable of adapting to specific project circumstances
- Able to create and manage timeline schedules (programmes), in particular identifying and managing the critical path
- Excellent risk awareness (quality, timing, financial, HS&E) and strong awareness of the important of HS&E aspects associated with projects
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.