The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. From roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional dwelling, our engineers are a vital part of ensuring each home meets and exceeds our customers’ expectations. The role of the Adoptions Engineer to take the responsibility for, and manage the procedure of adoption works for highways, sewers and other important site infrastructure, and to ensure tight control of site budgets.
What you will do:
- Review our bond liability across various business unit developments pre- build an look at opportunities to reduce
- Use computer aided design packages to produce adoptions plans for all development infrastructure and connectivity
- Drive health and safety best practice across all Taylor Wimpey sites for your respective business unit through annual site inspections
- Work with the regional legal teams and external solicitors on legal documents relating to deeds and land transfers
- Work internally with the Customer Services team and the local authorities to advise on site completions and follow up actions
What you will have:
- Previous exposure to a similar role within a UK Housebuilder or Highway/Drainage Authority
- Experience in sewer and estate road design
- Demonstrable background in preparing schedules of work, bills of quantities and undertaking tender analysis
- Keen eye for detail and ability to process technical information
- Good internal and external stakeholder management
- A passion for the engineering discipline and ensuring our sites are safe and sustainable
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Design & Planning Executive
Design & Planning Executive
Our technical and engineering teams are...
The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is...
The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is responsible for establishing all the...