Our entire business begins with the purchase of high quality land, bought at the appropriate time from a variety of sources. Careful consideration is given as our land team research and develop ideas for a master plan. As a Land & Planning director, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the land acquisition strategy through the identification, acquisition and delivery of sustainable opportunities. Sitting on the management team, you will lead and manage the Land & Planning Department holding responsibility for all land purchase activity by contributing to and overseeing acquisitions.
What you will do:
- Work closely with key stakeholders such as landowners, local authorities and communities to build strong relationships at each step of the land and planning process, from land acquisition to community engagement.
- Ensure value improvement through smart land acquisition, outstanding management of the planning process, and cost efficiency.
- Build a network of strong relationships with key contacts within the geographical area to monitor land and market activity ensuring that Taylor Wimpey becomes the partner of choice for any new land opportunities.
- Have a clear understanding of other departments’ roles and responsibilities. Input into the development of the local business strategy to ensure future development and growth.
- Recruit, retain and develop a strong land, planning and development team. Undertake regular performance reviews, develop individuals’ skills and knowledge and manage any areas of concern in line with Company procedures.
- Management of the land and development budget.
What you will have:
- Acquisition of suitable land on favourable terms, to meet business strategy.
- Successful history of planning applications.
- Relevant experience gained as a Senior Manager or Director of a house building business.
- Detailed knowledge of the land acquisition process, relevant legislation, geographical area of business and its key contacts e.g. Agents, Vendors, Planners.
- The role involves travel which requires a full driving licence.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.