Each of Taylor Wimpey’s regional businesses has a finance team that drives the commercial performance of their respective business and are responsible for providing valuable reports to our Group Finance team based in Head Office. Led by their Finance Director, each of these teams are vital to the financial structure of the organisation. Through quarterly forecasts and monthly accounts, they provide key data to the board and enable some of the most important strategic decisions for the business.
The Accounts Assistant role requires an accurate and efficient eye and someone that will keep financial transactions up to date, a crucial position in the regional finance team. They will assist the Finance Manager with the day to day delivery of the Finance Department function and provide other internal departments and Head Office finance with timely and accurate information throughout the monthly finance reporting cycle.
What you will do:
House Sales Ledger
- Weekly sales reporting to the Business Unit (BU) and Group Head Office
- General maintenance of the house sales ledger
- Plot balances report review
- Completion statement review/postings
- Assist with house sales budget process
- Ad hoc sales reporting
- Process utilities, company cars, monthly CIS return and adhoc invoices
- Assist with areas of the purchase ledger where required
- Process weekly payroll employee expenses
- Provide first line support for monthly payroll employees in the SAP Concur expense system
- Reconcile the cashbook weekly
- Process cash transactions into COINS
- Ensure customer deposits and refunds are processed accurately
- Investigate unidentified receipts and clear queries on a timely basis
- Raise sales invoices as requested
- Ensure invoices raised are coded accurately in COINS
- Monitor sales ledger ageing and highlight risk
- Prepare and process month end journals
- Review monthly coding of costs and reallocating as required
- Calculation and posting of depreciation for Site Assets (show homes, site compounds)
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and resolving review points
- Provide holiday cover within the department as required
- Assist with the completion of any other Finance requests as required by the Finance Manager
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.