The business intelligence team aids the business in decision making by turning data into powerful insights. The teams service spans the entire business: Land, Design, Commercial, Supply, Production, Sales, Finance to Customer Service. Therefore, this team gains wide knowledge of the entire operation and plays a key part in the business success.
We are the linchpin between IT and the business, and our role is to understand the outcome the business desires and how we can use data to turn this outcome into a reality. We connect to multiple data sources, transform, analyse (using a multitude of methods) and present visually back to the business in easy to comprehend reports/dashboards. Our passion is to make data come to life and would like you to be a part of that journey.
The Junior Business Intelligence position within the BI team is a challenging and diverse role. You will influence report designs, data models and most important of all, the direction of the business. Collaboration is key to the success of this role. You will work very closely with our senior developer, group functions and the business units. It is important you have a keen eye for detail and quality focussed. It is a unique blend of skills required but a very rewarding role.
What you will do:
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications. Along with this aid the business to come to their own conclusion.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g., Data Warehouse database tables/views and reporting tools such as Power BI)
- Develop efficient data models
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with the BI team, Wider IT team and with departments across Taylor Wimpey
- Develop and execute database queries
- Create visualisation repots for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation.
What you will have:
- In this technical role, you should have a background in data, coding and business analysis. You should have a passion for technical coding, problem solving and making a difference within the business.
- A degree or higher preferably in either Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Previous experience in a similar role would be ideal
- Skilled at SQL Server & T-SQL
- Experience of working with SSIS
- Knowledge of data warehousing
- Experience of working with reporting technology. Ideally Power BI but SSRS or similar also considered.
- Ability to analyse and draw actionable conclusions from big datasets
- General commercial awareness
- Experience of working with Power BI, DAX and PowerQuery preferred
- Experience of working with SSAS preferred
- Knowledge of the c# programming language and experience of working with .net is not essential but preferred
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
It is expected at least 2 days a week your working location will be in our Solihull office and up to 3 days a week remote working (This is subject to change at any time from group or departmental policy). The office is a great place to work with high collaboration areas along with a games area to relax and team build. Dress for the day policy and therefore not living in suits.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.