The Assistant Finance Manager will work collaboratively with colleagues from other disciplines. The role will act as a business partner with the aim of enhancing financial and business performance through critical challenge. The role will support and deputize for the BU’s Finance Manager (FM) at meetings, in their absence. The individual will have a mindset to adhere to processes, seek ongoing improvement in processes and control, whilst focusing on the quality and timeliness of outputs.
What you will do:
- Control the payment of subcontractors and electronic payments, ensuring that payment processes are robust and controlled, outputs are delivered correctly and in a timely manner and that we maintain compliance with HMRC and internal procedures.
- Act as key review point for ensuring month-end processes are carried out in accordance with monthly instructions.
- Respond to data and analysis requests from across the BU Management Team, Division and Groupincluding regular reporting and ad-hoc queries as required.
- Assist the Finance Manager and Finance Director in the production of budgets and projections.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations as necessary and ensure any reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Deuptise for the Finance Manager and provide analysis and attend meetings on their behalf.
What you will have:
- Previous industry experience is preferable
- Part-Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and Excel in particular
- Experience of working with ERP system
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.