Our technical and engineering teams are responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. They are also the people responsible for the layout of our sites ensuring we are creating places that work for every aspect of our customers’ lives. The Design and Planning Manager is responsible for delivering the highest quality design and most commercially viable planning permissions by leading, developing and motivating a team of Design and Planning Executives.
What you will do:
- Lead and manage a team of internal Design and Planning Executives to achieve targets.
- Liaise and co-ordinate design information with the Engineering team
- Drive planning applications
- Provide the primary communication channel between the design team, other internal departments and external agencies
- Be aware of and implement a high level of CDM
- Manage community consultations
- Manage and drive Section 106 agreements
- Manage the house type portfolio
- Form “stakeholder” arrangements with planners and consultees to drive and understand aspirations of the relevant authorities.
- Manage Design and delivery of POS areas and Play Equipment.
- Manage Ecology, Noise and Arboriculture.
What you will have:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field - preferred
- Previous experience in the housebuilding sector - preferred
- Capable of preparing and managing a number of planning applications
- Previous experience with managing a team - preferred
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.